Saturday 3 September 2022

The Fram Museum-Oslo


 Europe-Norway-Oslo
I got this card in the Fram museum in Oslo. It is certainly for me one of the best museums I have ever visited. It is packed with information on exploration to both poles North and South. I have never visited the North or South Pole but I have been to the Antarctic many times including the areas that the early explorers set up and the early buildings are still there. The Artic area I have visited   is Svalbard  including Jan Mayen and Bear Island. This museum tells and shows the stories of early exploration very well. . The ship The Fram is here and was used on many trips most famously the one to the South Pole in 1914.

Loved this connection with the stamp and the card. The recently issued stamp shows and expedition to Antarctica and matches the card. 



No comments:

Post a Comment