Wednesday 25 October 2023

Pompeii - World Heritage Site


 Europe-Italy-Pompeii
This is one of those World Heritage Sites, that so many have got to and now I am only getting there now. Though I nearly did not make it. Waiting on the bus from Amalfi bus station, the bus went and I did not see it. Why, I was sitting in the wrong location and the bus had no sign and it was very small , plain white bus. The next bus was 3 hours !! So since I was based in Amalfi I went around the town and got on the later bus. Got to Pompeii at about 4.45pm and you must enter by 5.30pm But had up to 7pm . So it worked out well with a lot less visitors. It was very impressive and bearing in mind I have been to lots of Roman sites. You could really get a feel for the layout of the streets and the look. 


The Post office was on the other side of this site and and near the normal entrance. There was no post box at the main entrance. So I posted this back in Amalfi in the Post box outside . 





No comments:

Post a Comment