Caribbean-St.Vincent-Mayreau This is the only island in the Grenadines grop I have not visited. So spend two days here . A small no tourist sort of island . So was very interesting to visit. I guess it is one of the least visited ones. The reason I was here is pur philatelic. I had been to a post office in each of the group before. Even though I had Mayreau stamps before I was led to believe that there was no Post Office in Mayreau . So I never visited. But quite a number of years back I discovered that there was indeed a Post office, So off I went. I bought the stamps at the Philatelic bureau in Kingstown . In face when I got to the island of Mayreau the Post office was closed early . But lucky for me I got the nearby health office to call the Postmaster . He obliged and came back so I could meet him and post my card. In fact he told me he had sold stamps in over 5 years. !!. So a rare postcard.
Postcards from every country and territory in the world. That which is significant about this blog is I have visited all the post offices and locations exhibited. If you have a love of travel, postcards and stamps, this site is for you. Now completed it is the only site to have at least one postcard sent by one person from every postal administration. 330 countries/territories plus some extra Islands. This all started with my love of postcards in 2004. Enjoy!
Monday, 20 July 2026
Mayreau . St. Vincent
Caribbean-St.Vincent-Mayreau This is the only island in the Grenadines grop I have not visited. So spend two days here . A small no tourist sort of island . So was very interesting to visit. I guess it is one of the least visited ones. The reason I was here is pur philatelic. I had been to a post office in each of the group before. Even though I had Mayreau stamps before I was led to believe that there was no Post Office in Mayreau . So I never visited. But quite a number of years back I discovered that there was indeed a Post office, So off I went. I bought the stamps at the Philatelic bureau in Kingstown . In face when I got to the island of Mayreau the Post office was closed early . But lucky for me I got the nearby health office to call the Postmaster . He obliged and came back so I could meet him and post my card. In fact he told me he had sold stamps in over 5 years. !!. So a rare postcard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment