Monday, 2 November 2015

Suriname

South America-Suriname-Paramaribo This is quite typical of some of the buildings that were in and around Paramaribo. There was not a great selection of postcards, so could not see any of the old buildings made of wood, that feature in the World Heritage Site. Paramaribo is a city that you can easily see in one full day.  

I purchased these stamps in advance from the philatelic agency based in Guernsey that supplies Suriname stamps. The reason is that I had been told that often the Post office has a very poor selection of stamps. The Post office closes early at 2pm I think so I had to make a mad dash on the way home to the airport to mail these postcards. There was a small philatelic shop attached to the post office that had a selection of stamps. I only went briefly in as I was in a rush, but they did  have some new issues for sale. 

South America-Suriname-Paramaribo  I spend most of my time in Suriname down south in the Amazon area. So I felt I needed a postcard to reflect some of the nature that I had seen. I did in fact see many butterflies , so a good memory of down there. 

There was no Post offices down where I stayed , it was just pure jungle and rivers. The only way to get there was by small plane. So this card was posted in Paramaribo on my way to the airport flying home. 

5 comments:

  1. Dear David,

    congratulations for your wonderful collection of postcards, if you wish, I invite you to visit my blog www.postalesenmibuzon.blogspot.com, here you can see the pictures of all the postcards that I have received from a lot of countries. Also I have another collection of covers (letters sent to my postal address from whole world) if you wish to keep an eye, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com

    Thank you again for sharing your nice collection

    A hug from Spain

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear David,
    your great card from Suriname arrived some days ago. Thanks for reminding me with some cards. Hope you had a safe trip. Looking forward to your trip next year :)
    If you like you can check your card here: http://pstcrd.blogspot.de/2015/11/suriname-paramaribo.html

    Take care and best wishes to you,
    Jens

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have shared postage card, they are really beautiful.And you have provided very wonderful information and very important. And for such people, such information proves to be quite beneficial.
    Thank you so much for this

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete
  4. People will love to read this kind information as they get many benefits regarding this topic. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    Pincodestreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more posts by you!
    Zkarts

    ReplyDelete