Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Nauru

Pacific Ocean-Nauru  My second time here and my oh my has this place changed . From Riches to Rags !!!  In the 1980s when I was here there were so many cars and so many filling stations. Now most of the filling stations just left and abandoned. So a Island that has lost its soul. It is the only nation in the Pacific islands, that I need to arrange a visa in advance. Nauru is now so different then the rest of the pacific neighbours. Hopefully one day it will find its feet. 



The Post office in Nauru was in a sorry state. It could do with a lick of paint. But the staff were more then helpful and it was great to have a chat and get their view of how Nauru is. A full philatelic selection of stamps to choose from. Though no new issues for a few years now. I guess no money to do that. This Postcard was one of two that I found on the island and both were only available from the Post office.  It is a pre paid card, but I still put Nauru stamps on the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment