Tuesday 22 August 2017

Erbil - Kurdistan Region of Iraq

Middle East-Kurdistan Region-Iraq-Erbil It was hard to believe I was in Erbil . It is so different then Baghdad and the south. There was no tension and it felt very safe and easy to go around. On the other hand there is not much to see in Erbil except the Citadel which is a World Heritage Site. Still the people were friendly and not bothered by tourists. A visa for most is available on arrival at no cost. 

Before I arrived here I did a bit of research and the information said that the Post Office was at the airport. That is correct there is a Post office there. I had planned to visit on my way in from the airport to my hotel. However the driver had an appointment and we went straight to the hotel which was right in the Old town. I had the phone number of the Post office and the manager of the hotel rang the number and talked to someone there. He discovered there was also another Post Office in the city itself. So we went there. I would not have found it but it is not far from the Citadel. It was a full working Post office . I had my Postcards ready and they had a choice of stamps and were most helpful. Even though I am in Iraq and we use Iraq money , the stamps here state " Kurdistan Region-Iraq". All the mail is sent via Jordon . All the stamps were quite large so it was fine as I dont write up my cards until I have put on the stamps. You will find postcards in the Souvenir shops in the Citadel .  

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete