Wednesday 19 September 2018

Autonomous Region of Bougainville

Pacific Ocean-Bougainville-Buka I think this is a great card. It shows the map of The Autonomous Region of Bougainville. I visited Buka Island as that is the one with the main airport . You fly from Port Moresby via Kokopo in New Britain . From Buka you can see Bougainville Island . The capital in fact is Arawa, which is about a 3 hour drive from the top of the island. All the talk was about independence , but I do wonder will the vote really happen. 

As you can see this card has been through the wars. Something got stuck to the top of the card . I could find no only a couple of postcards for sale at the post office, but they were showing other parts of Papua New Guinea ! I had purchased these cards before I got there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment