Monday 17 September 2018

Port Moresby - Papua New Guinea

Pacific Ocean-Papua New Guinea-Port Moresby The capital with a population of about 1 million. Speaking more languages then any other capital in the world. Before I got here I was told how dangerous Port Moresby was. To be honest there is  not a lot to see in this city. The museum was closed when here. I stayed at the airways hotel which is beside the airport. I did get a taxi down to the building that houses the Philatelic office and it is also the main business address of the Post office. It is not the main Post office. But you go through security gates in the taxi so felt all safe. PNG has much to offer but all the best parts are in other islands or cities. But in saying that I found no concern here. 

The people at the philatelic office upstairs could not be any nicer. Very helpful and had leaflets on all the latest issues. So I was able to select anything I wanted. Here you can see the philatelic postmark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment