Sunday 30 September 2018

Underwater Post Office - Vanuatu

Pacific Ocean-Vanuatu-Underwater Post Office-Hideaway Island This island is actually a small good value resort. Vanuatu Post office have been very clever putting this underwater Post office . It is about 3/4 meters down. I had got cards posted there before from friends who were scuba diving. I decided to free dive down . It was not easy , as I was floating to much. But it took up to about one hour with practices . The Post box itself is very narrow so water does  not get in. So it was difficult getting the cards in the box. But in the end I managed it . 

This is the back of the card. First up it is preprinted with a stamp. I wrote the card with my normal pen  but soon realised with my wet hands that the ink would run. So I had to put some of the writing in pencil. So at leat I can genuinely say that I posted this direct in the underwater Post box. For your information you can just buy and post this card in the main Post Office in Port Vila , without going anywhere near Hideaway Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment