Saturday 27 October 2018

Zagreb - Croatia

Europe-Croatia-Zagreb This was my last capital to visit in Europe . Zagreb is divided into the old and new town. My hotel was right in the centre in the main square in the middle of this postcard. For those eagle eyed , I have no postcard  yet from Warsaw ( I was not sending postcards at that time) and Chisinau as my postcard got lost in the mail.   

Did not realise until this card arrived home that the stamps were not straight. So on like me. The philatelic section of the main Post office in town is superb. A full display of stamps for the last 5  years . Even more important the lady behind the counter was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable.  I dont often ask for the name but her name is Drazenka. It certainly is up there with Crimea - Russia which had the best philatelic counter I had seen . 

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! We also finalized the European Capitals this autumn, the last ones being Podgorica, Sarajevo and ... Zagreb!
    This is our list: https://meriharakka.net/2018/09/12/euroopan-paakaupungit/

    ReplyDelete