Saturday 23 July 2022

Ephesus - Turkiye


 Asia-Turkiye-Ephesus  Was a couple of  hours bus ride from Marmaris. It was amazing here. I have been to lots of these type of sites and this one was impressive. Well worth the visit and a World Heritage Site. 


I think this is my first card here with no Postage Stamp !! There is a story behind this card. It was a Sunday and I had forgotten to buy extra stamps at the Post office in Marmaris. After the visit to Ephesus we had a one hour stop on Selcuk to look around and a coffee break . I also took the opportunity to visit the Post office which being a Sunday was closed. I had stuck 200 Turkish Lira to the back of the card and had intended to put this in the postbox. However, I had noted even though I was right beside the Post office there was no Post box and not even a slit in the door to put this card into the office. So as I was having coffee beside the PO , I asked the owned if he would mail the card when the office opened on Monday. No problem . I had forgotten to explain that it must have a actual stamp on the card and not a meter mark. Still it is something to remember and recall . 

1 comment:

  1. hello (pascal/france)
    (I am subscribed but I do not receive the news?)
    it's great the world tour of the post office
    in some countries there is still an airfare
    airmail specific label and stamps (blue)
    it would be interesting to send mail by airmail
    friendly pascal

    ReplyDelete