Monday, 31 March 2014

Ethiopia - World Heritage Sites

Africa-Ethiopia-Axum  These Obelisks are a worthy World Heritage Site. They are very impressive when you see them up close. They are over 1700 years old. My first stop in Ethiopia , a very friendly nation. 

The local Post office had sort of run out of stamps. So what they do is charge you the correct Postal charge and then make a effort to put about 3 or 4 stamps on the Postcard. In fact apparently I needed more but they said that this is the way to do it putting one stamp on top of each other. Reminds me of DR Congo where I had to do the same thing. 

Africa-Ethiopia-Lalibela   Another great World Heritage Site. The famous Stone churches in Lalibela. I wish I could show you some of the others but only one postcard here. Will have to wait until I get to start posting Photos from my trips. Ethiopia one of the best countries to visit in Africa. A lot to offer and not expensive when here. 

At this post Office they did have a correct value stamp and a Rhino on it. I did not see so much wildlife on this trip to Ethiopia . More of a Historical nature . 

No comments:

Post a Comment