Thursday 13 August 2015

A for Afghanistan 2009

Asia-Afghanistan  I have decided to show photos from my travels in Alphabetical order. More fun that way. So as you can see I am on A. These were taken in 2009 when I visited Kabul and Herat. Looking back I had a great time and loved the place. This photo is from Herat, a wonderful Mosque there. 


I came into Afghanistan via Pakistan on the Kyber pass.. 

Many abandoned tanks around especially in the countryside. 


Here I am outside the Main Post Office in Kabul. The security people looking after me were not happy that I wanted to go to a Government building , as they were do not taking anyone there, just in case. I was there for about 10 quick minutes , buying stamps and having a chat with the postmaster. Very friendly and helpful. 

All the shops are manned by men, even ones selling underclothes for ladies. One has to have a rest from time to time ! 

A typical shop in Afghanistan 

3 Wise men...... 

The Police in Herat were very good and professional. This is a city in the west of Afghanistan near the border with Iran. 

When in Herat , it helped that some of the time I dressed like locals. Well the head gear is right at this stage.. 

2 comments:

  1. You have shared this information really very important. And people are curious to know about such information.
    Thank you so much for this
    Soweto Zipcode

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome. Although variety of article on this topic,this article contains some of the precious
    points which were never be read in other articles.
    agra postal code

    ReplyDelete