Monday 20 June 2016

Rarotonga - Cook Islands

Pacific Ocean-Cook Islands-Rarotonga  I was delighted to be visiting the Cook Islands. I had been here on a brief transit stop in the early 1990s and was keen to see the place for real. I was just here for a few days as my main aim was the outer Islands. Some nice beaches , but not much else. But that is what most people come here for . Unfortunately all the rain and wind for this Pacific trip came in two days here in Rarotonga. So did not see as much as one would like .  

Was great to visit the Post office and meet Elizabeth who is in charge of the office. Only a very limited stock of stamps available and no complete sets . The Post office was quite busy when I visited . 

Pacific Ocean-Rarotonga-Avarua  This card as a overview of Rarotonga. This is what you see as you come in on the plane. The green mountain top is a beautiful site. 

These are stamps which are listed as "Rarotonga " rather then Cook Islands. I purchased these from the Philatelic Bureau in the USA . The Post office in Rarotonga had none for sale. Just standard Cook Islands and Aitutaki stamps were available. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment