Monday 15 April 2013

Europe

Europe-Scotland-Glasgow  A very industrial city but a surprising place in that there is much to see. MacKintosh furniture is famous and there is much of his work to be seen here. A very friendly place too. 

Getting a clear postmark in Scotland is near impossible. I have posted much from here but I don't think I have one clear mark. The first stamp on the left is the Lion of Scotland. 

Europe-Spain-Valencia  The gates to the old town. Always have been here late September each time I have visited.  It is always nice weather wise at that time of year . 

At least there is a Spanish stamp here this time instead of the usual label. 

Europe-Spain-Alicante  I have only passed through Alicante on the way to or from Valencia . All I could see from the car was rows and rows of houses and Apartments, just like the postcard. 

This is a Miniature Sheet which includes a stamp. In fact it shows Alicante . 

Europe-Isle of Man-Douglas  I spend many summers here as a child . Loved it . Had not been back in 30 years. It has changed. I think you see things differently through the eyes of a child for sure. Still lots of good memories . I always remembered how good the quality of the roads were compared to Ireland at the time. I guess they needed to be good as the Isle of Man is famous for the TT bike races. Now more a banking and financial location and less tourists I would think. 

The Post office has changed in Douglas. I used to go in and get all the new stamp issues when I was there.  Always had very nice stamps. Still do in fact. A great Post office to buy stamps from 

Europe-Monaco-Monte-Carlo  A scene of Monte-Carlo including much of the reclaimed land that MC stands on. Second visit here . Seen how clean Monaco was . On this occasion visited the Royal Apartments .  

Princess Grace on the first stamp , of Irish Parents. Monaco had a great selection of stamps . Albert II  , Prince of Monaco has a great interest in stamps . Not sure if he has to personally approve each stamp issue. I doubt it. 

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I will come in contact with a real and potential hacker until I knew   brillianthackers800 at Gmail and he delivered a professional job,he is intelligent and understanding to control jobs that comes his way
    Contact him and be happy

    ReplyDelete