Friday 24 May 2013

China and Tibet

Asia-Peoples Republic of China-Hangzhou   The West lake shown here is a World Heritage site. Very busy with tourists. A excellent site to visit. 

Most of the time in PR China you just get standard Definitive stamps. So to get something  different I often look for miniature sheets. This is a stamp from one. 

Asia-Tibet-Lhasa   This postcard is showing Patala Palace the most famous and also a  World Heritage site in Tibet. When I arrived here it took a full day to acclimatise to the altitude. Certainly very spiritual feeling. Met a lot of Chinese tourists who had no understanding of the culture or the history of Tibet. 

Here is a special stamp to commemorate 50 years of Tibet. You can see the palace in the background. I brought the stamp with me from my collection. I wanted to put something local on the postcard. 

Asia-Peoples Republic of China-Chengdu   Chendu is the native place of the Giant Pandas. Not often my postcards show animals . What a great animal to just sit and watch. 

What a large colourful stamp. I think from a miniature sheet. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete