Sunday, 21 July 2013

Central African Republic and Chad.

Africa-Central African Republic-Bangui   Arriving here late at night you know you had arrived in Darkest Africa . Not much electricity. Was told not to go to far out of the Capital Bangui as was told there was rebels always ready to attack So certainly a strange feeling . Did go out to a Desert town , all ok. Except car had to have wheel change and that was a bit fun watching a tyre change in the desert. This Postcard shows the items for sale at the local Market. Also famous for Butterflies here . 

The Lady who runs the Central Post office in Bangui should get an award. She was so well dressed and was so pleased to show me the stamps . Nothing was any trouble. She was proud of this small Philatelic Section at the Post Office. They must have had stamps going back to the 1960s. Enjoyed the hour or so spend there , talking about the stamps and the Post office. The Postmark has Philatelic in the title . Like the way the date is in pen. 

Africa-Chad-Ndjamena   Here with this postcard you get some idea of the sand roads. Everything here is sand and more sand. When here the French were certainly not popular so I had to keep making it clear I was from Ireland. 

At this Post office , again they had a selection of stamps . This was a clean crisp Post office. This Postcard also ended up getting a Philatelic Postmark. 

2 comments:

  1. This is great info. Where can I buy postcards in Bangui and Ndjamena? Do they sell local postcards at the main post offices or do I have to order them online bring my own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great info. Where can I buy postcards in Bangui and Ndjamena? Do they sell local postcards at the main post offices or do I have to order them online bring my own?

    ReplyDelete