Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Antigua and Nevis

Caribbean-Antigua-Nelson Dockyard  Established by Lord Nelson in 1780s this is a historical part of Antigua. It is the only remaining Georgian Naval Base in the World .Now restored. So boutiques , museums restaurants. Very interesting. 

This is a Antigua and Barbuda Definitive stamp. Not a great selection of stamps here as it is only a sub post office. 

Caribbean-Nevis-Charlestown  Since very few cruise ships go to Nevis , I took the early morning boat across from St.Kitts . Charlestown is a very old colonial town , with a great historic feel to it. Worth the trip for this alone just around the main town here. Nevis is a bit of a gem on my list of Islands to visit in the Caribbean. 

Nevis is part of the Federation , St. Kitts and Nevis. Nevis issues its own stamps. I had arrived early into Charlestown. I had planned to be at the Main Post office, ( which is very small) when it opened at 8.30am.. Well I was there and waited and waited. But it never opened. Luckily I befriended some staff from the shop across the road. They told me the Post office opens and closes " Caribbean Time ". Well I could be here days..... So they took my post card and kindly arranged to post it for me. Always like to visit the Post offices when on a trip. But at least my postcard made it home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment